This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
recent change to binutils' include/opcode/i386.h
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at novell dot com>
- To: <hongjiu dot lu at intel dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:53:36 +0200
- Subject: recent change to binutils' include/opcode/i386.h
it would seem to me that the change to again allow cs/ds prefixes in
64-bit mode should be undone. If you want branch prediction hints, use
the ,ht and ,hn instruction suffixes. Using segment overrides in their
place is counter intuitive, and generally allowing them in 64-bit mode
is an error in any case (if you absolutely wanted to allow them for this
specific purpose, then you'd have to add checks in other places
preventing incorrect uses).