This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Fix SHF_LINK_ORDER and SHT_IA_64_UNWIND handling
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- Cc: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:17:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix SHF_LINK_ORDER and SHT_IA_64_UNWIND handling
- Organization: CodeSourcery
- References: <20040722171217.GA12416@lucon.org> <1090630846.1585.44.camel@localhost>
On Saturday 24 July 2004 02:00, Jim Wilson wrote:
> However, I have a number of questions that came up while looking at this
> 1) The gABI says that SHF_LINK_ORDER causes sh_info to be set. But you
> are setting sh_link. This seems wrong.
> 3) The comments imply that HPUX got it wrong by setting sh_info, but
> HPUX seems to be the right one, as it agrees with the gABI. It looks
> like we got it wrong when we thought sh_link had to be set at all. We
> can probably drop all this stuff about sh_link and HPUX, and just set
> sh_info as the gABI says to.
So does section 4.4 of http://www.armdevzone.com/EABI/ehabi.pdf