This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Gas can't handle prefix generated by gcc
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich at novell dot com>
- Cc: zack at codesourcery dot com, hjl at lucon dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 23:26:25 +0930
- Subject: Re: Gas can't handle prefix generated by gcc
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 01:08:39PM +0200, Jan Beulich wrote:
> - the offset miscalculation should be observable only when using . in
> the jump target; gcc, however, should use labels everywhere except in
Yes, and note that there really isn't an "offset miscalculation", just
some misunderstanding of how dot behaves in gas.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre