This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: converting .so to .o
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: Clifford Wolf <clifford at clifford dot at>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 27 Jul 2004 14:16:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: converting .so to .o
- References: <20040727172052.GA7684@clifford.at>
Clifford Wolf <email@example.com> writes:
> ist there any tool (or trick, whatever) to convert ELF shared objects to
> relocatables? From what I see in the ELF specs it should be possible..
> (.. sure, the code ist still PIC, etc. - it would be nearly impossible to
> change that.)
No, there is no such tool, and in the general case it is not possible.
When a shared library is generated, many relocations in the .o files
will be resolved and will no longer appear in the shared library in