This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: finding register to variable mapping at a specific address
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Cibu dot Johny at utstar dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:32:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: finding register to variable mapping at a specific address
- References: <OF20AA5A0D.9338C40F-ON86256EDE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I would like to know whether it is possible to find the mapping between the
variables and registers at a specific address.
This is what debug information does. It is not the responsibility of
the binutils but rather the compiler to generate the appropriate
information. The binutils tools objdump and readelf can be used to
display generated debug information in a very basic format, but you will
probably want to use a tool like GDB to actually process this information.