This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Weak symbol support on powerpc-ibm-aix184.108.40.206 (binutils 2.15)
- From: Michael Klein <michael dot klein at fazi dot de>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:55:49 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Weak symbol support on powerpc-ibm-aix220.127.116.11 (binutils 2.15)
> > $ ld -r gas.o
> > ld: 0711-562 SEVERE ERROR: Symbol table entry 6 in object gas.o:
> > An auxiliary symbol table entry is required for a
> > C_EXT or C_HIDEXT entry.
> Bummer - this is a bit beyond me. Do you have any experience in this area ?
Not enough, I suppose. I might have a look at it eventually, but no
Also the priority isn't that high, since I already have a working GCC
3.4.1 here, it's just that the AIX assembler is so ridiculously slow.
Some ~3000 LOC C++-code takes (when compiled with -O3 and a sufficiently
high -finline-limit) more than 15 minutes to assemble, which is more
than 30 times longer than GNU as.