This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Objcopy fix for relocation sections
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, James Troup <james at nocrew dot org>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:08:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: Objcopy fix for relocation sections
- References: <20031222210543.GA3418@nevyn.them.org> <20031223032137.GD1618@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au> <20040727210426.GA11595@nevyn.them.org>
On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 05:04:27PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> I think it's right because if we are linking we'll go through the call
> in elf_bfd_final_link instead, and if we're not linking then the reloc
> sections will have correct sizes and can be placed earlier. This is
> similar to my previous patch, but has a better understanding behind it.
James tells me there's something hideously wrong with this patch. I
haven't worked out what yet; I'll get back to it next week.