exporting symbols, help with export list - Part III

The story/questions continue.

I have managed to get the link time behavior I wanted and also achieved
one of the runtime goals. At link time I now get errors when a symbols
is called that is not defined in our export list and runtime of the code
has significantly improved, the number of relocations is a lot smaller
than it used to be. So far so good.

The problem now is that some Exceptions no longer get caught, i.e. they
migrate to the top and trigger a call to Abort(). At this point I have
been unable to nail down the difference between exceptions that get
caught and exceptions that do not get caught.

I seem to recall reading something about export lists and exceptions
somewhere but I can no longer locate the information. Thus the question:

Is there anything special w.r.t. exceptions and using export lists?

Right now I am using the following format:

{
global:
  symbol1;
  symbol2;
local:
  symbol_x;
  symbol_y;
};

My best guess at this point is that exception symbols do not show up in
either section.

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert