Re: Copyright Assignment question

Dixitur illum wilson@specifixinc.com scribere...

>I can't speak for FSF Europe policy.

Since I'd like to feed back my diffs to binutils (and maybe gcc and
other software we use in MirOS), which is (c) FSF USA, I think that
is what matters.

[...]
>patches written by a corporation. etc.  So FSF policy is that you first
>contact the copyright clerk, give them info on what is being
>contributed, then they fill out the proper form and snail mail it to
[...]

Thanks for the information, I'll do that.

>It is probably best if you use the standard FSF forms, even though a
>copyright assignment is not legal in Germany.  It is legal in the US,
>which is what the FSF cares about.

This is, however, unacceptable as I'm very reluctant, for certain
reasons, to put myself under USA law.

>If you want, you could try asking the FSF copyright clerk if the FSF
>Europe forms are acceptable.

I'll do that then. Again, thanks for the fast and informative answer.

bye,
//Thorsten
--
Currently blocking eMail from the following domains: bigpond.com, biz, gmx.de,
gmx.net, hotmail.com, info, jumpy.it, libero.it, name, netscape.net,