Re: Copyright Assignment question

Hi Thorsten,

I can't speak for FSF Europe policy.

Neither can I, but I know a man who can...

It is probably best if you use the standard FSF forms, even though a
copyright assignment is not legal in Germany.  It is legal in the US,
which is what the FSF cares about.

This is, however, unacceptable as I'm very reluctant, for certain
reasons, to put myself under USA law.

I put your original question to the FSF Copyright Clerk. This was his response:

: I took your question to our Executive Director. The FLA is a new
: assignment document. Our Executive Director and the President of FSF
: Europe have been and are discussing the implementation of the FLA. This
: matter should be decided in a timely fashion, at which point I will let
: you know more. Thus, for the time being if the person wants to assign,
: they should use the standard procedure.

So for now you have two choices - use the standard, US based procedure, or wait until the FSF resolves the issue and then, depending upon their resolution, decide what to do.

Cheers
  Nick