Re: Xbox support question

Myria wrote:

> 1. Subsystem type is defaulted to 14 (IMAGE_SUBSYSTEM_XBOX in ~2002+
> Microsoft header winnt.h)
> 2. Default PE base address for subsystem xbox is 0x00020000.
> 3. Default entry point for subsystem xbox is mainCRTStartup.

I am not personally interested in Xbox programming.

However, since you'd need special build machinery in this case to do
conversion from PE to XBE anyway, is it really that much of a burden to
use the command line options that accomplish all of the above?  Also,
Filip Navara recently submitted some fixes towards fixing -pie on PE.

It seems a little odd to add Xbox support to binutils when such support
is only useful for complementing some other unspecified required Xbox tools.

Is it a lot of work to cause binutils to be able to handle XBE directly?
 Is XBE similar to any of the other object formats binutils uses?

Aaron W. LaFramboise