Requested patch format?

I'd like to submit a patch to add support for --subsystem:xbox and --subsystem:X where X is an arbitrary integer ("base" parameter to strtoul will be 0). I'm not very good at UNIX. Let's say I have the new version in X and the old version in Y. How might I produce a diff that is useful to members of this group?

For Xbox work I'm for now going to use 3 patches from base, Filip Navara's -pie option, Danny Smith's bugfix to Filip's -pie, and my own patch to allow --subsystem:xbox. (BTW where could I download Filip Navara's -pie patch?)

Melissa