Re: "Unrecognized demangle component" error

"Dave Korn" <dk@artimi.com> writes:

> --------------------<snip!>--------------------
> dk@mace /test> objdump -g macsim.exe
>
> macsim.exe:     file format pei-i386
>
> Unrecognized demangle component
> --------------------<snip!>--------------------
>
>   Wow.  I've never before come across an error message that brings up so few
> hits at google.  That's probably because ILT only added it in January:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2004-01/msg00192.html
>
> and I see from the following FIXME that it's not a big surprise that it
> sometimes fails:
>
> +      /* FIXME: These are demangle component types which we probably
> +	 need to handle one way or another.  */

I wonder which component it was.  I should have had the error message
print it out the number.  It would probably also be friendlier to
print a warning and then return debug_make_void_type (dhandle).

>   Anyway, I don't know a lot about the interactions round here, but I was
> wondering if this problem could have had a knockon effect on gdb making it
> lose track of the line tables.

That is unlikely.  The demangled name is used to determine the
argument types and the return type of static methods.  It is not used
for anything involving line numbers.

I don't know what is causing the line number trouble.

Ian