Re: [arm] EABI annotation of thumb symbols.

Paul Brook <paul@codesourcery.com> writes:

> The patch below implements this. The main complication is that objdump -d
> breaks. I added a new bfd function to get the real address of a symbol. This
> seemed preferable to trying to mangle symbols while reading them in.
>
> I'm open to alternative suggestions if people think this is the wrong way to
> implement this.

I think this is the wrong way to implement this.  It introduces a new
function with rather unclear semantics.  When is a program supposed to
call bfd_real_symbol_address()?  Why don't you have to change nm.c and
ar.c while you are at it?

Richard's suggestion of mangling the values on the way in seems
plausible.  Alternatively, add a new disassembler hook to frob the
symbol table.

Ian