[PING] Windows PECOFF weak symbol fixes for *-mingw32 and *-cygwin

Can someone please look at
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2004-10/msg00305.html>?  It
reworks my initial weak symbol implementation and fixes a few problems I
found with it.  I'm quite happy about this revised implementation.

Note that it was never reviewed, depite the replies to the thread, which
were actually intended for another thread.

This patch is fairly important for the Windows targets, so I'd
appreciate anyone who could take a look at this.

Aaron W. LaFramboise