Re: [RFA:] elflink.c: Hide _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_

> From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@libertysurf.fr>
> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:18:11 +0100

> HP's patch
> has introduced
>
> FAIL: vers2
> FAIL: vers26b1
> FAIL: vers26b2
> FAIL: vers26b3
>
> in the ld testsuite because of this problem:
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2004-10/msg00029.html
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2004-11/msg00159.html

Sorry.  I wash my hands; those tests are only run if there's a
gcc (as in "native"), so not run in the cross-test I did, where
FWIW there were no regressions (and test-results weren't clean
anyway).  IMHO the main relocation situations (certainly this
one) should be covered by assembler tests as well to ease
testing of general changes such as this one.

> What's the best approach to fix this?

I'd suggest going back to the orignal patch; make it a bfd hook,
but defaulting to hidden and override it to default visibility
for SPARC.

brgds, H-P