Re: Q: Estimated date for 2.16 release ?

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 10:56:30AM -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > > The binutils releases already have an intl directory, don't they?
> > > They used to, and it seems to me that they still do.
> >
> > Oh right you are, problem misdiagnosed.  Still a problem,
> > though, and one that would be good to fix before the next
> > release.
>
> It's more complicated than you think :-)

Uh, remind me: what did I think?  (I made no claim about
simplicity above. ;-)

FWIW, one workaround is to remove the intl directory from the
combined sources.  Perhaps better than upgrading binutils to
autoconf 2.59 at this time (which would seem necessary in order
to sync the intl machinery).

Anyway, I've seen a problem with the stabs linker-warning
machinery (see libgloss/libnosys/warning.h) and a.out; there's a
SEGV which valgrind says is an invalid access, after allocated
memory.  Valgrind also changes the behavior and instead of the
linker warnings, the symbols are undefined.  PR and testcase
later.

brgds, H-P