Re: Target-specific FDE pointer sizes (2/3)

Hi Richard,

But in the case of LP64 objects, there are no discrepancies.  That's my
point.  As far as the ABI spec is concerned, these objects have exactly
the form they're supposed to have.  They were never supposed to be marked
with a .gcc_compiled_long64 section.

In other words, if we do have the warning, we'll be warning about
objects that do exactly what the ABI says they should do.  Objects
that IMO we have little reason to believe might be invalid.

I see. In which case I will agree that the warning message would be wrong.

Anyway, I don't want this thread to degenerate into a long and pointless
flamewar.  My objections are on record, and I've made then as best I can.
If you still insist on the warning after the above, just say so, and I'll
add it without any more whinging.

No, no it's OK. You have persuaded me. I just needed a kick in the right direction.

Cheers
  Nick