Re: Q: support for LE (Linear Executable) files?

Hi Heiko,

Since the format is documented I would like to start to add the recognition. Which part of binutils do I have to start with?

The bfd/ directory is where you should begin. You will need to create a new file in here along the lines of some of the file-format specific files that already exist, eg pef.c, vms.c, oasys.c

Of particular interest will be the LE_object_p() function whose purpose is to recognise when a particular file is in LE format.

You may want to create an entirely new configure target for files of this format, or you may to add support for this format to an already existing target (eg mingw32, or cygwin). Either way you will need to modify the bfd/config.bfd and ld/configure.tgt files, and probably the bfd/archures.c and bfd/reloc.c files.

Feel free to ask questions on this list if you have problems.

Cheers
  Nick