Re: RFH/RFC: libgcc _Unwind_Backtrace falling off the end of FDElist...

Richard Henderson wrote:
On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 01:23:27PM -0800, David Daney wrote:

The .eh_frame section of my libc-2.3.3.so is not terminated with a zero.

Known problem.

I am thinking that the proper fix for the problem is to change the linker scripts so that a word of 0 is placed at the end of the .eh_frame section.

Or get glibc fixed.  Richard Sandiford already has a patch for it,
but you need to get Uli or Roland or someone to apply it.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2004-11/msg00165.html

Thanks Richard. The patch you pointed me to fixes the glibc problem.

However it seems to me that "fixing" ld would be a better solution as any executable or shared object containing an .eh_frame section suffers from the same problem of an unterminated .eh_frame section. Hacking the linker scripts as I mentioned in the original message works as well, but I don't know if it is the best way to do it.

Thoughts?

David Daney.