Re: [RFA:] Fix rarely exercised bug in bfd/aoutx.h find_nearest_line

> From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>
> Date: 06 Feb 2005 09:45:52 -0500

> Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter.nilsson@axis.com> writes:
>
> > Building a cris-aout tool, and test-compiling "hello, world",
> > gave linker SEGV:s instead of the friendly warnings (from
> > libgloss/libnosys/warning.h) and an executable as cris-elf does.
>
> Are you doing this for run, or is there a real reason for using a.out?
> Just curious.

's/for run/for fun/' or 's/for run/for the "run" simulator/' ?

Anyway, real reason.  I hope to be able to deprecate the
cris-axis-aout target ASAP, but as long as there are Axis
products that use it (hm, I guess I should check on that a bit
closer), I need to keep the toolchain support alive.

brgds, H-P