Re: arm-elf-ld: problems with long calls in thumb mode

Hello,

I encountered the problem before and Nick was kind enough to direct me to an experimental patch (which worked for me at the time). This involves patching and rebuilding gcc. YMMV as this is quite old but this may work.

Here is the corresponding binutils discussion (some time has passed obviously, Richard was still working for ARM :)
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-06/msg00412.html

HTH,

Vincent

Richard Earnshaw wrote:
[...]
This is gcc PR target/7525.  It's been fixed for gcc-4 for other
reasons, but it's not going to get back-ported onto any older compilers
since it doesn't fix a regression.  You can try using the trunk
compiler, or you could try and back-port the change yourself if you
wished, but it might require some adjustment to work with the older
code.

R.

-- Reclaim Your Inbox! http://internal.vannes.wrsec.fr/twiki/bin/view/Utilities/MailThunderbird