RE: objdump --syms -j .text

----Original Message----

  .... although of course '.' is a regex metachar meaning 'any character',
and there's nothing that says that won't match symbol names etc, because
it's not really doing any checking to be sure the match is occurring on the
symbol-section field of the objdump output.....

  I do agree it's a reasonable first approximation, but splitting out the
.text section and objdumping that without grep is just as easy, and even
more correct.

    cheers,
      DaveK