Re: [patch] binutils/: Remove the dependency on ancient automake

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 06:21:00PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>
> > There's actually a reason why I haven't done binutils and ld yet.  They
> > both use ylwrap; binutils uses it via automake rules, ld may in some
> > circumstances but usually uses it via explicit rules, and gdb off in
> > its non-automake corner uses it explicitly.
>
>  Indeed.
>
> > I'm hesitant to move them over separately; the last time I looked at
> > this I decided the only viable option was to update all three and
> > import a new ylwrap, all simultaneously.  Which is not hard to do, of
> > course!  But I never got around to it.
>
>  There's that minor complication about binutils and gdb being separate
> modules...
>
> > Can you check out my reasoning here?  Did your tests try to regenerate
> > the lexers/parsers?  I did all the above from memory from last year, so
> > it might easily be bogus.
>
>  I'll have a look.

If it looks right, then I'll approve your two patches along with an
import of ylwrap and an update in gdb.  Someone needs to double-check
that none of the other src/gcc modules use ylwrap at the moment; it
certainly used to be the case.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC