Re: Problem with assembler while building cross-compiler

Perhaps this should have tipped you off? The top level configure file wouldn't just tell you the configuration was unsupported on a whim; it's an unsupported configuration because it doesn't work. gas and ld do not have support for alpha*-dec-osf*.

Yes, I understand what you mean, but I searched quite a bit around and found that people were able to build working cross-compilers for this specific architecture with the procedure I described (unfortunately, I haven't the links on-hand now). However, they didn't encounter these specific errors while building the compilers. So, I thought that I might get some help on this issue, even though this is a hack.

Ioannis E. Venetis