Re: PATCH: Allow a global symbol set to common/undefined symbol

  Sorry to bother again...

 With this patch and the source I am using, I have a problem elsewhere.
 It is initially due to GCC doing hidden real call to memcpy and
 memset when optimising for size (they consider calling those
 functions save space...)

 Basically because I am using two code segments (%cs can have two values
 to have twice 64 Kbytes accessible) I need two memcpy/memset, one in each
 segment. Because GCC insert real "call memset" I need to change the
 name of the function called in the assembler file - I am doing:
asm ("memcpy = xcodeseg_memcpy \n");
asm ("memset = xcodeseg_memset \n");
 So that "call memcpy" is replaced by "call xcodeseg_memcpy".

  With the H.J. patch in the assembler, I get messages:
disk.s:7307: Error: Local symbol `memcpy' can't be equated to undefined
symbol `xcodeseg_memcpy'

  I tried to define xcodeseg_memcpy as ".extern" of ".global" without
 success - even if they really are defined elsewhere.

  Is there a simple solution for my problem?
  If needed the complete source is at sourceforge (GCC-3.4.2+):
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gujin/gujin-1.0.tar.gz?download
  just untar , cd gujin && make dep disk.o

  Thanks,
  Etienne.