Procedure bounds

Hello everyone.
I am trying to find the starting address and end address of a function from the elf executable
using BFD functions. I could find the start address as section->vma + corresponding symboltable entry->value. Can anyone tell me how I can find the end address of the procedure or starting address
of the next procedure.

I would appreciate any help
thanks
Sumesh