Re: Update autoconf in binutils and ld directories and import ylwrap

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
I don't need any approval for this patch, but I would definitely appreciate proofreading before I check it in. I have left out the (huge) changes to generated files.

Comments?

The changes to the config.texi and ldver.texi rules in binutils/doc/Makefile.am and ld/Makefile.am introduce the use of $< in explicit rules. This is not portable make usage; e.g., POSIX only defines $< in inference rules (what GNU Make calls suffix rules) or the .DEFAULT rule. The last time I pointed something similar out :-), Ben Elliston confirmed that binutils was not requiring GNU Make [1], and I assume, based on binutils/NEWS, that this is still the case.

If so, it's easily fixed.

John

[1] http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2003-11/msg00490.html