Re: gc sections and .eh_frame

> I see.  That extra word emitted just to tie .gcc_except_table.* to the
> function code is no doubt one reason why the gcc patch hasn't been
> approved.

The official reason was that COMDAT groups had been introduced in-between and
that the patch should be rewritten to use them.  On my list, but very, very
low-priority given the very, very low interest for this stuff outside the Ada
world.

> Hmm, I think we can do without it by marking sections referenced
> from .eh_frame specially, and keeping them iff the associated
> .text section is marked.  Patch in progress.

That would be a nice improvement.  I could try to propose an updated version
of the GCC patch before the end of Stage 2 if you came up with something for
the linker.

In the meantime, do you want me to apply the patch on Binutils mainline?  On
Binutils 2.16 branch?

--
Eric Botcazou