Re: Compiling, --target question...

On 7/5/05, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> > As the target powerpc-*-beos already exists making coff's do I need to
> > create a new platform powerpc-*-haiku that will make elf's, or is
> > there anyway to specify that -powerpc-*-beos can produce elf's too?
>
> No sorry you need a new target.  powerpc-*-haiku is OK, but since there
> is already an i*86-*-beoself target supported you might prefer to use:
> powerpc-*-beoself.

I spoke to a few members of the Haiku project last night about this -
they are planning to use *-*-haiku and submit a patch to yourselves,
so its going to be best to use powerpc-pc-haiku, i586-pc-haiku or
sparc-pc-haiku (thinking a bit too far ahead here :) ).  All versions
are going to use elf.

I spent the night hacking around the build system, and I think I
managed to get it to target powerpc-pc-haiku using elf, but I don't
really know how to extract what I have done to make a patch.  If I
upload a tar.gz of what I have done, can someone take a look to see if
its right?

Thanks,

Andrew McCall

--