Re: Problem with arm-elf-gcov

Hi Chadi,

I want to profile some applications (written in C) in
an embedded system. To use it we have to compile with
GCC and the option -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage
The compiler reject this option answering :
undefined reference to `__gcov_init'
undefined reference to `__gcov_merge_add

This is a question for the gcc mailing list rather than the binutils mailing list:

gcc@gcc.gnu.org

The answer to your question is that you need a more up-to-date version of GCC. ie one that supports GCOV for the ARM. The current sources in the mainline of the GCC CVS repository have this support. Various official releases of the gcc compiler may also have it but I have not tested them.

Cheers
  Nick