Re: Patch for Haiku OS.

On 07/07/05, Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> wrote:

> > > Using pc as the vendor field on powerpc and sparc sounds wrong.
> > > For the latter two, I think one of:
> > > powerpc-unknown-haiku
> > > powerpc-ibm-haiku
> > > powerpc-apple-haiku
> > > resp.
> > > sparc-unknown-haiku
> > > sparc-sun-haiku
> > > is appropriate.
> >
> > I see your point.
> >
> > Can I clarify - are you suggesting I add all three, or are you
> > suggesting that I just add one of them ie. unknown?
>
> Just one, whichever you prefer.  The vendor can be either unknown
> in your case, or the (dominant) hardware vendor of the platform.

I have had the config.sub patch commited by the maintainer, so I have
removed the diff section that changes config.sub, and I have corrected
the spelling mistake in the comment I made.

What do I have to do now to get this patch committed?  The way it
currently works you can use --target=powerpc-*-haiku with ibm,
pegasos, apple or unknown - do you want me to change the patch to take
into account each of the above, or can it just be commited now?

I have attached both patches in case people want to test them.

--
Thanks,

Andrew McCall
andrew.mccall@gmail.com