Re: gas configure cleanup

> Hi Steve,
>
> Could you modify your patch to provide argument lists for the alloc/free
> function prototypes ?  Wouldn't this solve the problem ?
>
> Also - if you like you do not have to use the PTR macro.  You can just
> use "void *".  Since we are now only supporting ISO C we do not need
> this old K&Rism.
>
> Cheers
>    Nick

This sounds reasonable, I'll wait until David finds out what prototype
his vax-ultrix is looking for, just to see if we might have a problem
with conflicting prototypes.  I think using 'void *' instead of PTR is
probably a good idea too.  Looking around I see some declarations
provided when the HAVE_DECL macros are not defined have argument lists
and some don't.  Moving in the direction of providing them on all
declarations seems like the right way to go.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com