Re: [patch] elf32-arm.c: Fix shared library creationon arm-none-symbianelf. (Take 2)

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 04:54, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> >>2005-07-27  Kazu Hirata  <kazu@codesourcery.com>
> >>
> >>	* elf32-arm.c (elf_backend_want_got_sym): New.
> >

> > This needs testing on at least one legacy system, eg
> > arm-unknown-linux-gnu.
>
> I just tested binutils and gcc with and without this patch on
> arm-none-eabi using a simulator.  No new regressions were found.  I hope
> this would help.
>
> Kazu Hirata

Both of your systems are EABI (as opposed to legacy) systems, and
neither really uses SVr4 style shared libraries, which is where this
needs to be tested.

The following issues really need testing:

1) Can a legacy dynamic loader load a shared library produced with the
new tools?

2) Can a new dynamic loader load a shared library produced with the new
tools?

3) Can you mix objects compiled/assembled PIC from before and after the
change?

R.