Re: binutils, bfd library, debug.h/c files and so on...

Hi !

Little bit confused about typedef's...
Original code:
    #include <sys/types.h>

    typedef u_int8_t    byte;
    typedef u_int16_t   word;
    typedef u_int32_t   dword;

objdump --debugging output:
    typedef unsigned char byte;
    typedef short unsigned int word;
    typedef unsigned int dword;

When iterating through
n->name = n->u.type->u.knamed->name->name =
debug_get_type_name(handle,n->u.type)
= byte | word | dword

debug_get_type_name(handle,n->u.type->u.knamed->type)
= u_int8_t | u_int16_t | u_int32_t

--debugging is geeting at the roots of typedef ?
How does chain looks like in typedef case ? (where to
locate correct names?)

DEBUG_OBJECT_TYPE -> DEBUG_KIND_NAMED ->
DEBUG_KIND_INT ?

> If you want to get the patches accepted, then they
> need to be approved
> by one of the binutils maintainers (I am one, but I
> am not very
> active).

Ok, I propose that we start from you.  :)

> That approach is only going to be OK if you can very
> clearly specify
> what the output should look like.  It's not going to
> be OK if the
> output is only for your program.

I will. Is there some web server where I could place
the documentation ? Or can I put a link to external
documentation ? Or should it be included in binutils ?

--
    Have a nice day!
        Tarmo.

http://mail.yahoo.com