Re: PATCH: Support "@file"

Hi Mark,

* The @<file> syntax cannot be used inside the file being parsed.

The second point is actually not true; DJ asked that I make it support
recursion.

Oops - I looked at the code in libiberty but I must have missed that. Sorry.

@item @@@var{file}
Read command-line options from @var{file}.  The options read are
inserted in place of the original @@@var{file} option.  If @var{file}
does not exist, or cannot be read, then the option will be treated
literally, and not removed.

Options in @var{file} are separated by whitespace.  A whitespace
character may be included in an option by surrounding the entire
option in either single or double quotes.  Any character (including a
backslash) may be included by prefixing the character to be included
character with a backslash.  The @var{file} may itself contain
additional @@@var{file} options; any such options will be processed
recursively.

This is excellent - thanks very much.

--extra-switches-from-file=<file>

If we do it, I think we should do that in the existing expandargv.  That
will ensure it's consistent across all programs which use expandargv,
which seems like a good thing.

Agreed - DJ - do you think that this is a good idea ? I can submit a patch for exandargv if you like.

Cheers
  Nick

PS. Mark - is @file support going to be added to GCC as well ?