Re: Printing out type tree using objdump...

> > Ok you need to have a good knowledge of perl,
> > see for more details perldsc, perlreftut, perlref,
> > perllol tutorials.
> >
> I don't need or want to know Perl syntax.  What I
> need to know is that
> the above is actual Perl code.  It sounds like it
> is.

Ok, I have currently two targets in my mind - the
first one is to simply being able to encode/decode
complex C structures using perl code for it. (Analogue
to pstruct functionality) Type information is
generated instead of functions (like in pstruct) is
because I want to be able to print structures contents
in plain text as well. The second target is the
document I've sent you, but I don't want yet pulich it
on internet until I have some results from target one.
This document I have already sent you and you can
share it internally within binutils, but please don't
publish it yet in internet, please. (It is nice to
have great goal, but it would be nice to be able to
achieve it as well.... :)  )

> So from the binutils perspective, what we are really
> talking about
> here is an option to dump the debugging information
> in a format which
> can be easily read by Perl.  Right?  The
> documentation should focus on
> specifying precisely and concisely what the output
> format is.  The
> goal should be to make it possible for anybody to
> write a parser for
> that output format.  Otherwise it does not belong in
> the generic
> binutils.

I will write needed specifications, what is built on
top of this will be up to developer to decide, I by
myself can provide a public example on being able to
modify C structures from perl.

--
    Have a nice day!
        Tarmo.