Re: RFC: weakref GCC attribute and .weakref assembly directive

Hi Alex,

Ok to install?

Sorry no. The code itself is fine, but the new weakref1.[sd] test is not. It causes new failures for lots of different toolchains, including, but not limited to:

 arc-elf
 h8300-elf
 i386-coff
 i686-pc-cygwin
 ip2k-elf
 m32r-elf
 m68k-elf
 maxq-coff
 mcore-pe
 mingw32-pe
 mips-elf
 mn10300-elf
 powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0
 sh-nto

I have only looked at a few logs so far, but I suspect that the problem is going to be the same with all of them - your weakref1.d file is too restrictive in the output it is checking for, and it does not make allowances for extra symbols that particular ports may insert into an object file.

If you can fix this testcase so that it does not introduce new failures, (or if you can show for specific toolchains that the failures are due to real, target-specific bugs) then you have my approval to check your patch in.

Cheers
  Nick