cflow on binary files?

I've been using cflow and other source reverse engineering tools
for over 20 years...

I've been playing with the new gnu cflow (and dot).

Mel Gorman did a hack  on gcc to generate flow graphs to dissect the
Linux VM (and other parts of the kernel).

I came across the utility called nmdepend (which I couldn't
get to work).

But it has a wonderful idea -- perform flow analysis on the binary
file...

It seems with a binary compiled with -g, there's useful information
which can be extracted to generate call graphs.  The BIG advantage,
is the source code doesn't have to be parsed -- and the actual code being
compiled is present in the executable.

Comments/opinions?

Marty Leisner
leisner@rochester.rr.com