Re: Patch to remove warning flags from non-GCC compilers.

> From: Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au>
>
> I don't think you should totally disable warnings like this.  The
> default flags may well be suitable for other compilers, and, users can
> control warning flags passed to the compiler by specifying them as
> --enable-build-warnings="list_of_options".
>
> I agree that --disable-build-warnings should only pass -w when using
> GCC.  Patch to do that preapproved.
>
> --
> Alan Modra
> IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre

This would mean that a non-GCC user might have to specify
--disable-build-warnings just to get binutils to build.  On HP-UX, with
the system compilers, they absolutely would have to do this because
-Wall passed to the HP compiler makes it abort with a 'bad option' error
message.

What if we made --disable-build-warnings the default for non-GCC
compilers (and it did not pass -w to non-GCC compilers) but allow the to
turn on warnings with --enable-build-warnings if they wanted them.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com