Re: on mapping between assembly codes and objdump files

Liu Haibin <liu.haibin@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a question on the mapping between assembly codes and objdump
> files. I understand that  some codes in assembly codes are INSN_MACRO.
> For example, addu in assembly codes can become addiu in objdump files,
> li to addiu, move to addu, and so on. My question is if there's an
> easy way to show the mapping between the above two, like an option in
> gas. Or I have to go through the gas source codes for every
> INSN_MACRO.

You are presumably talking about MIPS.  It helps if you explain that.

I'm not sure what kind of a mapping you are looking for.  All the
INSN_MACRO instructions are listed in opcodes/mips-opc.c, along with
all the other MIPS instructions.  If that is not what you want, can
you give an example of what you are looking for?

Ian