Re: avr binutils and LEX_DOLLAR

Pavel Zaboj wrote on Samstag, 26. November 2005 14:09 :
> Hi Bjoern,
>
> sorry to writing directly to you and not to relevant mailing list
> but I think you would be the right person to answer anyway.
Better post questions always to the relevant mailing list (the binutils one in
this case.).
> I'm torturing avr-gcj to work
good.
> and I found out that it
> produces a lot of symbols containing '$'. Avr-as doesn't like
> it and I traced it to the root gas/config/tc-avr.h where
> LEX_DOLLAR is defined to be 0. There is a note:
> "AVR port uses `$' as a logical line separator".
>
> Do you have any idea why this is so? I grep'ed quite huge
> project (.s files) and $ is never used there.
>
> Could it be just forgotten historical setting?
The persons to ask this question are Marek Michaelchiewicz or Denis Chertykov.
Im rather new in the avr business. Maybe atmel's own assembler did use $
signs as seperator?

I'd suggest you to post your question on the binutils list and add Denis
Chertykov to the CC list.

Bjoern.