Re: Does binutils support multi-target at the same time?

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005, WU Zilong wrote:

> Thanks, you means we can not convert coff to elf with arm target
> freely, then is there any good ideas to do this?

I'm not sure I understand your question.  Support for output in
multiple formats in the assembler, which was what I replied to,
has nothing to do with *converting* between e.g. coff and elf.

You can use the GNU binutils "objcopy" utility to convert
between formats.  (I think this only works for files without
relocations, i.e.  not intermediate object files.)  You can use
the GNU linker to link together (intermediate) object files in
different formats.

brgds, H-P