Re: Adding target OS 'RDOS' to binutils

Dave:
1) patches must be generated by diff (generally "diff -pu" is preferred) so
they can be automatically applied with patch.

OK, I found "diff" for Windows, so this is no problem. Do you include the text generated by diff in an email or send it as a file?

2) patches must be against current CVS head (or a recent enough version that
they can be applied without any rejected sections).

OK.

3) patches must be accompanied by a changelog entry in standard gnu changelog
format.

Anybody know how to generate this on a Windows-machine?? Can I write this in a editor? Is there a web-page describing the standard format?

Sorry if I'm a novice about the GNU-projects.

Regards,
Leif Ekblad