Re: Committed: fix ld-mmix broken by section order changes

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 02:06:41AM -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> One of the recent ELF section order changes broke the MMIX
> testsuite.  More than one person has been involved IIRC, so I'm
> not pointing fingers, but it is still expected that whoever does
> such a change adjust all testsuites.  (If someone doesn't agree,
> please get the policy changed instead of just not following it.)
> Apparently the change was just to the section *list*, not the
> actual layout, and it now follows the actual layout for this
> case.

I agree that we should do "--enable-64-bit-bfd --enable-targets=all".
But I don't think everyone should be expected to check every target,
especially not everyone is familiar with every target. Each target
maintainer should make sure that his/her targets are OK. Of course,
the person, whose change causes the problem, should work with the
target maintainer to resolve the issue.

H.J.