Re: Committed: fix ld-mmix broken by section order changes

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, H. J. Lu wrote:
> I agree that we should do "--enable-64-bit-bfd --enable-targets=all".

Um, that doesn't really help with actual target testing, just
some sanity-checking that BFD builds.

> But I don't think everyone should be expected to check every target,
> especially not everyone is familiar with every target. Each target
> maintainer should make sure that his/her targets are OK.

I really don't think it's a too great burden, given that other
people have scripts going through a list of targets before doing
wide changes.  Perhaps it's enough to use targets that cover all
of the ld/testsuite directories.

> Of course,
> the person, whose change causes the problem, should work with the
> target maintainer to resolve the issue.

For sure.

brgds, H-P