RE: GAS : Does it provides callbacks for conversion from assembly to binary code ?

Sandeep Kumar wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am working on the dis-assembling and assembling of binaries. Well
> after dis-assembling the binaries, i convert it into assembly,
> manipulate this code, I want to convert it back to binary.  All the
> above conversions are to take place at runtime. Can The GAS provide me
> with some callbacks to provide this conversion .
>
> If not then does any other utility ?  Please help.

  GAS is not a library, so there's no way it can provide anything with
'callbacks'.  Callbacks can only call back to a program that is linked with
the code making the callback, after all.

  It sounds to me like you probably just want to use system/popen to run the
assembler and read the output from temporary files.

    cheers,
      DaveK