bankswitching support in binutils

I am working with a build of binutils and GCC supplied by Cypress Semiconductors for their EZUSB chips. Unfortunately, this code isn't in the mainline branches (probably because Cypress didn't want to maintain it).

The chip supports bankswitched memory, but I don't know if bankswitch support is in binutils. So, I'd like some pointers as to where to look in the code for binutils to see if this is present, and if so, how to use it to park routines in different banks.

Also, if the code is NOT there, I'd like any suggestions on how to do bankswitching in a reasonably graceful fashion - I am willing to deal with C macros to create the trampoline functions, and manually assigning code to segments and locating them in banks. Given that this is a 16 bit part, can I just assign banks to addresses >64K and then use objdump to pull them out?

NOTICE:  This e-mail is intended solely for use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged, company confidential and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader is not the intended
recipient or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
This communication may also contain data subject to the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations or U.S. Export Administration Regulations
and cannot be disseminated, distributed, or copied to foreign nationals,
residing in the U.S. or abroad, without the prior approval of the U.S.
Department of State or appropriate export licensing authority.  If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by
reply e-mail or collect telephone call and delete or destroy all copies
of this e-mail message, any physical copies made of this e-mail message
and/or any file attachment(s).