Re: .text & text.hot section for bfd ?

Hi Sandeep,

If we use the callback get_section_by_name provided by bfd and try to
pass the ".text" section as a parameter .
Will it also include the text.hot section and text.unlikely by default
into the .text.

No.

> Or will have to write three callbacks for each of them.

Yes.

Or in fact you will probably want to search for all sections whose name starts with .text. and process all of those.

If so, then how do we determine that which executables have and which dont.

Use the function bfd_map_over_sections to search through all of the sections in a BFD. Check the names (or attributes) of each section against your desired search parameters.

I am working on dynamic optimization system, Where we start our
interpretation from the main, which is generally present in the .text
section. But, Suppose for the code of gcc, it has a text.hot and call
to main()  lies in this section,

Starting from main is generally a bad idea. Almost no executable really starts at main. You should start from the entry point for the executable and scan from there.

Cheers
  Nick