About getrlimit !!

Hi
I was tracing an executable with "strace". It terminates when
getrlimit system call is generated. It gives a Segmentation fault
because i think the ceiling limit provided is crossed by the
application. SIGSEGV signal is generated.

I will explain in brief how it goes ::

1. When the application is run alone without strace , it is executed
upto the statement before when the shared object is actually needed
because i am calling a function which is imported from a shared
object.

2. when the statement containing the symbol imported from shared
object is executed it gives an error symbol_lookup error.

3. when i trace the program with "strace" it terminates giving
Segmentation Fault just after getrlimit system call.

                 So i wanted to know whether the getrlimit is invoked
by the kernel when needed. Or is it called due to another functions.
If yes then which functions are resposible for invoking this system
call so that i can trace the code.

   Also with strace , application executes one statement less that
that executed without strace.

 I am sending an attachment with this mail which contains the output of ->
   strace "application name"

--
regards
ashwani